Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Orientation Day at Le Cordon Bleu Dusit

I have always wanted to start a blog since I came to Bangkok in September. But me being me, it didn't materialize until I watched the show New Year's Eve earlier last week. It was really a good wake-up call for me to go accomplish things that I have set out to do! So here I am, writing this blog. This blog will mainly be about my life here in Bangkok (Mostly food related of course!) and maybe some occasional traveling.

To start the blog off I will be writing about my course in Le Cordon Bleu Dusit. I signed up for the Basic Pastry Course and today was the orientation day. Here is how the school logo looks like and the teaching kitchen.

There were two separate orientations. One for the Thais and the other for the International students. There were 19 of us if I am not mistaken for International. And it was nice to meet another fellow Malaysian who came all the way here to learn in the school. Also met people from Bangkok, Taiwan, Brunei, South Africa, Philippines etc. Not sure about the rest as I did not have the chance to say hi to everyone.

We were given our welcome packs which consisted of the following:

1. Uniforms - Chef Jacket, Pants, Neck Scarf, Tea Towel, Hat and Apron. Thanks to my friend Maggie I managed to save some money buying the jacket and one apron! Too bad I couldn't wear her pants!

2. A set of tools with 48 tools including knives and other accessories. I don't have a picture of this now! Will post it later!

3. Course Notes/Menu - A file consisting of all the ingredients only! And no instructions! Guess we will have to write it all down during the class! No handphones allowed as well so its compulsory to write everything down!

Class only starts next Tuesday! Looking forward to it after 'resting' for so many months!

No comments:

Post a Comment