Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lesson 9: Apple Turnovers

Finally it's Friday! So glad that today I only have one recipe sheet to bring in. And true enough, the class was quite relaxing. I had food poisoning two days back, so my tummy was still feeling a bit unstable. But good thing the class really took my mind off that!

So we had Chef Marc today finally! And the interesting thing about Chef Marc is he always suggests an alternative way of doing things from our demo chef Geraldine. He told us that it is good to learn two ways to do things! He is also as usual very particular about neatness and cleanliness, which i like.

Today we also didn't have to start another puff pastry, but just continuing with puff pastry that we did yesterday. We also had to cut out the shapes for the chaussons (or apple turnovers), which was a bit hard for my dough as it was very soft. But good thing it still came out ok! As usual, I wish it was curry inside! Think we have done too much apples already in this course!

Apple Turnovers by Chef Geraldine

Apple Turnover by Li Lian

No comments:

Post a Comment